We include facial recognition and artificial intelligence algorithms that detect emotion among the trends we are tracking this fall. Most board members and administrators react with either horror and disgust or disbelief to the notion that software developers are combining facial recognition and emotional cognition algorithms to predict threats from students. This item in the November 19 Ad Age shows just far facial recognition + AI has come and how unaware most of us are of its ubiquity.
- Face Time
- What Students Know Matters (Still)
- Why Low Trust is the New Normal
- Another One Bites the Dust: What is it about narcissism and hucksterism that we fail to learn?
- The Smart Money Bets on Culture
- Embedment and Diagnosis as Keys to Leading Change
- Don’t Make Your Competitive Advantage More Ephemeral Than It Already Is
- Just How Different Are You?
- What a Stray In-N-Out Burger Means for Your School
- Transcending the Founder: A Necessary, If Fraught, Step for Schools