This cautionary tale about the University of Texas – Austin from the Chronicle of Higher Education contains a terrific set of lessons learned. Good material for change leaders in academia everywhere (as well as those who think change comes easy in the education sector).
- Embedment and Diagnosis as Keys to Leading Change
- Don’t Make Your Competitive Advantage More Ephemeral Than It Already Is
- Just How Different Are You?
- What a Stray In-N-Out Burger Means for Your School
- Transcending the Founder: A Necessary, If Fraught, Step for Schools
- Don’t Make It Easy To Leave
- Nailing the Video Interview
- Why It Is Hard for a School to Become a Hot Brand (and what might be a better goal)
- Social Purpose, Woke-Washing, and Your School
- Propellants and Solvents and You